ROOT CANAL TREATMENT SERVICES
Root Canal Treatment by Phuket Endodontist at Phuket Dental Signature dental clinic
ROOT CANAL TREATMENTS
WHAT is Root Canal Treatment?
Root canal treatment is necessary when the pulp, the soft tissue inside the root canal, becomes damage , inflamed or infected. The inflammation or infection can have a variety of causes: deep decay or a crack or chip in the tooth.
The endodontist ( dentist that specialist for root canal treatment ) will remove the inflamed or infected pulp, carefully cleans and shapes the inside of the root canal, then fills and seals the space.
Step by step root canal treatment procedure
Root canal treatment can often be performed in one or two visits and involves the following steps:
1. Dentist examines and x-rays the tooth, then administers local anesthetic. After the tooth is numb, makes an opening in the crown of the tooth. Very small instruments are used to clean the pulp from the pulp chamber and root canals and to shape the space for filling.
2. After the space is cleaned and shaped, the endodontist fills the root canals with a biocompatible material, called gutta-percha to ensure complete sealing of the root canals
3. After the final visit with your endodontist, you must return to your dentist to have a crown or other restoration placed on the tooth to protect and restore it to full function.
Why would I need root canal treatment ?
Getting a root canal is relatively painless and extremely effective. You’ll be back to smiling, biting and chewing with ease in no time.
Saving the natural tooth with root canal treatment has many advantages:
- Efficient chewing
- Normal biting force and sensation
- Natural appearance
- Protects other teeth from excessive wear or strain